2 Day Kayaking Trip In “The Land Of Blue Lakes”
- Visit Eastern Latvia – Latgale locally also called “The Land of Blue Lakes”
- Go to a real off-the-beaten-path adventure and immerse yourself in the pristine Latgalian nature
- Discover up to 8 local lakes and small connecting rivers in one kayaking trip
- Step out on the tranquil lake islands of Latgalian lakes
- Enjoy famous Latgalian hospitality, local traditions & food
- Enjoy wilderness far away from crowds and masses
We Have Top Rated Local Guides
Day 1: Pick-up
Take a good breakfast, pack your snack pack and meet your guide at your hotel in Riga. Get ready for about three hours drive. Don’t worry we’ll stop for a coffe break or two on our way
Day 1: Gided Kayaking on Lakes
Start your kayaking adventure in some of the most beautiful lakes of Eastern Latvia – Latgale. Cross several secluded lakes in a single trip. Each lake has its different landscape and character. Enjoy amazing calm waters of the lakes, pristine forests, wildernes, and while, and yellow water roses on your way. Some lakes are connected with the small rivers, in some places, you will have to carry your kayak a hundred meters or so to get from one lake to another, which is all part of the adventure. Depending on your skill level you can choose a relaxing 12 km (7,5 miles) or a more serious 20 km (12.5 miles) kayaking distance today.
Day 1: Overnight at the lake
End up your first kayaking day in a guesthouse on the banks of one of the biggest and most beautiful lakes in Latvia – Rušons. Enjoy the famous Latgalian hospitality and have a local dinner prepared for you. Try out “šmakovka” – the local home-brewed alcoholic drink. Enjoy a very special Latvian black sauna (if such an option is selected). Take a summer evening dip in the warm waters of the lake and enjoy the magnificent sunset being right in the heart of untouched Latvian-Latgalian nature.
Day 2: Continue With Guided Kayaking on Lakes
Have a filling local breakfast and get ready to continue your exciting kayaking adventure today. Visit and admire the beautiful lake islands overgrown with dense forests. Have a short hike on one of the most beautiful islands. Continue to the next lake and get the gorgeous lake views of the famous Aglona Basilica – an important pilgrimage site for Catholics. Today you’ll do around 18 km (11 miles) of kayaking.
Day 2: Visit Basilica of Aglona
Visit the famous Aglona Roman Catholic Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is one of the most important Catholic spiritual centers in Latvia and also one of the most beautiful places to visit when you are in Latgale. And, yes, it is also near another beautiful lake. Have lunch in the local Museum of Bread (or another place) and get ready for the way back to Riga.
Day 2: Transfer back to Riga
Filled with local food and a pack of new impressions and emotions get relaxed in the car on your way back to Riga.
2 People Group
3 People Group
4 People Group
5 People Group
6 People Group
7 People Group
8 People Group
7 - 11 years old
Important Before You Go!
- Please check out the weather forecast and wear comfortable clothing and be prepared for different weather conditions. Take your sunscreen, swimming suit and a towel with you. In the case of appropriate weather, we will stop at several places to take a swim
- Wear non-slippery footwear that can get wet and that does not slip away in the water
- 2 full days partially guided tour will proceed according to the trip itinerary. You will leave Riga at 8 am on the first day and will be back by the evening of the second day. Note that precise arrival time may vary depending on your kayaking speed and time spent sightseeing.
- The tour guide can solely change the itinerary because of the weather conditions, safety concerns, and external circumstances that the tour operator is not responsible for.
- The final price of the tour will depend on the group size.
- All our tours are small like-minded group adventures
- All tours can be narrated in English, Russian or Latvian.
- There can be max. 8 people and max. 5 children in the group
- There can be 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child in a kayak. Every child in a kayak must be accompanied by an adult.
- The adult on this tour must be 18 years or older.
- This tour is suitable for swimmers only
- For private group tours of more than 8 people and for groups with small children (below the age of 7) please send us an inquiry by email to [email protected] or on Whatsapp