3 Day Kayaking & Sightseeing Trip In “The Land Of Blue Lakes”
- Visit Eastern Latvia – Latgale also called “The Land of Blue Lakes”
- Go to a real off-the-beaten-path kayaking adventure and immerse yourself in the pristine Latgalian nature
- Discover up to 8 local lakes and small connecting rivers in one kayaking trip
- Step out on the tranquil islands of Latgalian lakes
- Enjoy famous Latgalian hospitality, local traditions, black sauna & food
- Discover the most beautiful places of Rāzna National Park
- Admire the breathtaking beauty of the second biggest Latvian lake – Rāzna (also called “Latgalian Sea”)
- Enjoy wilderness far away from crowds and masses
- Have a good taste of local Latgalian traditions
We Have Top Rated Local Guides
Day 1: Pick-up
Take a good breakfast, pack your snack pack and meet your guide at your hotel in Riga. Get ready for about three hours drive. Don’t worry we’ll stop for a coffe break or two on our way
Day 1: Guided Kayaking on Lakes
Start your kayaking adventure in some of the most beautiful lakes of Eastern Latvia – Latgale. Cross several secluded lakes in a single trip. Each lake has its different landscape and character. Enjoy amazing calm waters of the lakes, pristine forests, wildernes, and while, and yellow water roses on your way. Some lakes are connected with the small rivers, in some places, you will have to carry your kayak a hundred meters or so to get from one lake to another, which is all part of the adventure. Depending on your skill level you can choose a relaxing 12 km (7,5 miles) or a more serious 20 km (12.5 miles) kayaking distance today.
Day 1: Overnight At a Picturesque Lake
End up your first kayaking day in a guesthouse at a beautiful lake. Enjoy the famous Latgalian hospitality and have a local dinner prepared for you. Try out “šmakovka” – the local home-brewed alcoholic drink. Enjoy a very special Latvian black sauna (if such an option is selected). Take a summer evening dip in the warm waters of the lake and enjoy the magnificent sunset being right in the heart of untouched Latvian-Latgalian nature.
Day 2: Continue With Guided Kayaking on Lakes
Have a filling local breakfast and get ready to continue your exciting kayaking adventure today. Visit and admire the beautiful lake islands overgrown with dense forests. Have a short hike on one of the most beautiful islands. Continue to the next lake end up your kayaking trip after some 18 km (11 miles) of kayaking today.
Day 2: Visit Basilica of Aglona
Visit the famous Aglona Roman Catholic Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is one of the most important Catholic spiritual centers in Latvia and also one of the most beautiful places to visit when you are in Latgale. It is also an important pilgrimage site for Catholics. And, yes, it is near another beautiful lake. Have lunch in the local Museum of Bread (or another place) to refill you batteries.
Day 2: Relax Time At a Picturesque Lake
Take time for a well-deserved rest after being in a kayak for two days. Settle down in another beautiful guesthouse at a tranquil lake. Enjoy your afternoon by swimming in the lake, basking in the sun, and soaking up pristine nature. Go for a short evening walk along the wild banks of the lake. Have a local dinner with drinks prepared for you and enjoy a very special Latvian black sauna (if such an option is selected). Finally, take a summer evening dip in the warm waters of the lake and enjoy another magnificent sunset. The evenings are bright and the sun sets very late here in the summer.
Day 3: Rāzna National Park & "Latgale Sea"
Have a great local breakfast with your guide and get ready to explore the unique Rāzna National Park today. Visit the best sightseeing spots and enjoy the breathtaking views of “The Land of Blue Lakes” from above, including the second biggest lake in Latvia – Lake Rāzna (locally also called the “Latgale Sea”). Have short hikes in pristine Latgalian forests and soak up local nature at its utmost.
Day 3: Lake Rāzna & Local Village Life
Time to get closer to the huge lake. Witness the local village life, admire the small and beautiful wooden orthodox churches and feel the soul of the lake Rāzna by having a refreshing midday dip in its waters.
Day 3: Visit To A Local Farmstead
Head to a local farmstead, which is a great place to have a taste of Latgalian food, get to know more about Latgalian lifestyle and hospitality. Discover the unique craftworks of the famous Latgalian pottery masters and maybe buy some of these tasteful and practical dishes for your home interior.
Day 3: Transfer back to Riga
Filled with the local food, nature and a pack of new impressions and emotions get relaxed in the car on your way back to Riga.
2 People Group
3 People Group
4 People Group
5 People Group
6 People Group
7 People Group
8 People Group
7 - 11 years of age
Important Before You Go!
- Additionally, you will receive your Package Travel Contract with us along with the booking confirmation.
- Please check out the weather forecast and wear comfortable clothing and be prepared for different weather conditions. Take your sunscreen, swimming suit and a towel with you. In the case of appropriate weather, we will stop at several places to take a swim
- Wear non-slippery footwear that can get wet and that does not slip away in the water.
- 2 full days partially guided tour will proceed according to the trip itinerary. You will leave Riga at 8 am on the first day and will be back by the evening of the second day. Note that precise arrival time may vary depending on your kayaking speed and time spent sightseeing.
- The tour guide can solely change the itinerary because of the weather conditions, safety concerns, and external circumstances that the tour operator is not responsible for.
- The final price of the tour will depend on the group size.
- All our tours are small like-minded group adventures.
- Our tour language is English.
- There can be max. 8 people and max. 5 children in the group
- There can be 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child in a kayak. Every child in a kayak must be accompanied by an adult.
- The adult on this tour must be 18 years or older.
- This tour is suitable for swimmers only
- For private group tours of more than 8 people and for groups with small children (below the age of 7) please send us an inquiry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Whatsapp